Friday, June 04, 2010

Weber Grill

Finally broke down and bought a Weber grill.  My BBQ grill adventures had taken their toll. 

I had a built-in BBQ Grill from BBQs Galore, which after only a couple years had rusted completely out.  There went about $2000, and to add insult to injury, the company declared bankruptcy and I couldn't get parts any longer.  I found a place that would custom make parts for it, but it was going to run about $1400 just for the parts to rebuild a grill that should have lasted longer than it did.

So, I scrapped the whole thing.  Island and all.  I paid the kid that does my lawn to haul it off to the dump, and that was that.

So, I needed a new grill.  This is going to sound ridiculous, but I either wanted a high-end grill, or a cheapie; Nothing in between.  If I have to replace the thing every two years I don't want to pay a lot for it.  If I can hang on to it for a decade or more, I want something that would do a good job.  So, it came down to a Weber Summit, or a Weber Q.  I felt confident in the Weber name, and hopefully it will work out.

I finally decided on the Weber Summit S620.

Naturally, my adventures didn't end there.  It arrived damaged, the Friday before Memorial Day weekend.

Weber's customer service is fantastic.  Their phone is answered by a live human being, that speaks english, no less.  She was very helpful and the part was sent to a local Weber technician who installed it today.  The grill checks out, and I hope to get some use out of it soon...

No comments: