Saturday, June 16, 2007

MPAA is more important than you!!

“Our law enforcement resources are seriously misaligned,” NBC/Universal general counsel Rick Cotton said. “If you add up all the various kinds of property crimes in this country, everything from theft, to fraud, to burglary, bank-robbing, all of it, it costs the country $16 billion a year. But intellectual property crime runs to hundreds of billions [of dollars] a year.”

In other words, your car getting stolen, your house broken into, or your bank account pilfered is not as important as the oxygen thieves at the MPAA getting to gold plate their bathtub as quickly as they'd like.

Cotton is spearheading the new effort, christened the “Campaign to Protect America,” as chairman of the newly formed Coalition Against Counterfeiting and Piracy.

I'm so glad that they are going to "protect me." I suppose they are going to do it by forcing DRMed music down my throat that I can't play in more than 30% of my digital devices. I feel safer already.

http://www.contentagenda.com/CA6452245.html.

No comments: